Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanksgiving should be celebrated around the world

not indulging in stuffed turkey, pumpkin pie, day off from work, and black friday sale doesn't take away the fact that today is a good day to give thanks from this part of the world.

today, i give thanks for the little pleasures that make life worth living: reading books, the flavor of strong coffee, experiencing the poignancy of sunrises and sunsets, feeling euphoric with the smell of paper and seawater, having a good night's rest on my 20-year old mattress with my flattened pillow, hearing my nephew squeal in absolute joy, having a belly laugh while watching one of my fave sitcoms, making my parents laugh at my jokes, getting nostalgic while listening to 90's rock, self-choreographing to an emotive song, releasing my inner child through coloring books and pastel crayons, walking on white sand, etc.



today, i will also give thanks for all the hardships i will undergo in the future. i might cry, i might rage, and i might question the sense of it all, but in the end, i will recognize that these hardships are mere opportunities for grace from a higher power, that they will make me stronger and mold me into a better person.

most importantly, i will be thankful that despite all the curve balls i've caught, i still have the ability to dream, hope, and forgive, and that i still believe each new day is a chance for me to be inspired and maybe, just maybe, become an inspiration to others.

happy thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails